To strengthen the capacity of PMB and other stakeholders along the value chain by ensuring high quality production and marketing of produce to optimize farmers’ income and support national development.
Our aim is to promote the production, processing and marketing of high-quality produce within established national and international standards ensuring the provision of well-regulated markets to enhance import and export earnings for all stakeholders along the value chain.
- Uncompromising Integrity
- Customer focus
- Making a difference
The main functions of the Board are as follows:
Without prejudice to the functions above, the Board shall:
- regulate, promote and improve the marketing of produce in order to optimize the export earnings of farmers;
- encourage the production of quality produce which meet international standards;
- initiate and corporate with private sectors in the processing of produce with the aim of adding value to them for export and for local consumption;
- facilitate and increase production of the quality of produce aimed at increased production and improving the quality of produce;
- regulate the internal marketing of produce;
- secure the most favorable arrangements for the grading, sealing, certification and sale of produce on behalf of exporters;
- cooperate with other stakeholders to institute measures to eliminate the smuggling of produce;
- assist exporters of produce to find markets and provide other relevant information and assistance to facilitate exports;
- ensure that farmers of produce are paid fair prices by periodically announcing the indicative prices;
- Take measures to maintain relationship with the international commodity organizations and other related institutions.
- Do all other things as will contribute to the attainment of the objectives stated in subsection 1.4.
- promote production, processing and marketing of high quality produce particularly cocoa, coffee and palm products, Cashew Nut, Cassava, Ginger, Bennie Seed, Rubber, Piassava, Rice, among others;
- ensure the provision of a well regulated market for cocoa, coffee and palm products, Cashew Nut, Cassava, Ginger, Bennie Seed, Rubber, Piassava, Rice, among others for fair competition among all actors in the value chain.
- ensure quality of produce including cocoa, coffee and palm products, Cashew Nut, Cassava, Ginger, Bennie Seed, Rubber, Piassava, Rice, in accordance with established national and international standards;
- enhance import earnings of all stakeholders in the value chain and improve the general socio-economic/well being of producers, public/private stakeholders, service providers and intervenes involved in the production, processing and marketing of coffee, cocoa, palm products, Cashew Nut, Cassava, Ginger, Bennie Seed, Rubber, Piassava, Rice, among others.